Advocate For The Disabled And Indigent

Advocate For The Disabled And Indigent
I Endorse Guerilla Marketing.....Click the Gorilla Above For More Details

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spongebob Averts A Disaster - My Hero


My 28 year old son stood in my bathroom and gazed around at it's theme that I proudly invited him in to examine and remarked, " I find it disturbing, Dad, that a 54 year old man with no small children would decorate like this?"




          




















He was commenting on the Spongebob Squarepants theme that I created for my small bathroom in my one bedroom apartment.  My shower curtain is a bright yellow with Spongebob's big bright yellow face covering the entire curtain.  The ceramic tiles outside the shower area have 3 - 15" stickers of Spongebob in various poses.  A 3" continuous Spongebob border outlines the ceiling.  My mirror is outlined with little 1" x 1" stickers of Spongebob and his friends.  I installed a special towel bar that displays the "never used" bath towel and washcloths, screened with a "Spongebob Surfing" display.  My sink cabinet handles are molded figures of Patrick and Spongebob. And finally, to the right of the sink, I converted a "Spongebob Joystick" into a towel post and mounted it to the wall where I drape a washcloth.






All of the above items (with the exception of the joystick) were acquired through Ebay.

I have been such a huge fan of Spongebob and his friends since I first viewed the cartoon series with my younger son Ray (now 21) when he was a young boy.  I actually try to live my life by many of Spongebob's standards.

That is why when I saw in the news today that the Spongebob cartoon was responsible for the saving of a choking victim, I was proud to have such a hero displayed on my bath walls and relieved that I might not be as "disturbed" as my oldest son stated.  OK, it still might be a little strange, but at least this cartoon character gives my obsession some sanity.

So,  I leave my little apartment today, with my Spongebob crafted door key in hand (a gift from a friend), proudly wearing my bright yellow Spongebob T-shirt, excited to reveal to the world (the guys at the local hot dog stand) the heroic impact that my friends, Spongebob and Patrick, had in a real life emergency.  Check it out here - Spongebob Averts A Disaster

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bernie,

    I had never heard of Spongebob until a year or two ago - I'm not sure the missus would allow me to indulge in a similar decoration style, even if I wanted to.

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, hey you decorate your bathroom however you wish! Mine is, however, a shrine to the Oakland Raiders...my fiance isn't into football in the least (no sports whatsoever actually), but visitors tend to think my bathroom is HIS for some reason. ;-) I should get some pics up on my blog to show you sometime.

    ReplyDelete